Probability of Winning the Lottery vs. Being Struck by Lightning

L

LouSander

I operate a 100-person pool that plays the Powerball and Mega Millions lottery. I'm looking for a rational way to compare the odds of us winning a Jackpot vs. the odds of an individual (or all our players collectively) being struck by lightning during a year, a quarter, or for each drawing. It's kind of complicated, due to the different time periods involved. All I need is one number that people can use as a guideline, such as:
"You are is X times as likely to be hit by lightning as we are of winning a jackpot during any year (or quarter, or individual drawing, etc.)" Best would be to express X to one decimal place.
The U.S. National Weather service posts detailed odds on lightning strikes HERE.

We have about 100 players, and each quarter we participate in the following lotteries:

Mega Millions (odds of winning a jackpot are one in 259 million) - we buy 45 tickets for each of the 26 drawings during the quarter.

Powerball (odds of winning a jackpot are one in 292 million) - we buy 26 tickets for each of the 26 drawings during the quarter.

That's it. If you have any questions, just ask.